Policies & Pets
Reservations & Payment Policies
Reservations may be made on line at our website at anytime. If you prefer to talk to one of the innkeepers at our Amelia Island Bed and Breakfast via telephone: (904) 277-4300 or 1-800-432-2085 during office hours from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (Eastern time USA) If calling outside these hours, please leave a detailed message.
- 50% deposit or 1 nights lodging is required to obtain a confirmed reservation. Credit card only accepted for deposits. Balance due on departure, no checks please.
- 2-night stays may be required for weekends in the high season. Special events may require longer stays. Please call to check availability.
- Check In between 3 pm & 6pm. Check Out by 11 am.
- Check-in after 6pm must have prior arrangements made with the Innkeeper to acquire keys & receive important information including breakfast times and access codes.
- Age requirement must be 18 or over unless entire mansion is rental for a special event.
- We are a non-smoking inn, however we have a smokers porch that is provided outside. If a guest does smoke in a guest room, a $250 cleaning fee will be charged.
- We are not able to accept third-party gift certificates.
- Any gift card from Bed&Breakfast.com or Iloveinns or Gift Certificates must be known prior to booking your stay with a credit card. These reservations must be manually booked. Should Hoyt House be notified upon check-in, guest will incur additional credit card charges and expenses as per refund fees imposed by credit card agency.
- House policies may change without notice to ensure client safety and house security.
- Rates may change without notice or vary for special events, except with prepaid reservation.
- All rates are subject to state, local tax and a daily service charge.
Your pet must be on a prescribed flea treatment program. You will be billed for treatment of any flea outbreak that occurs in the occupied room within 5 days of arrival/departure. For safety and security of pets, staff and guests, when you are not in the room with them (even during breakfast) they MUST be enclosed in their personal pet kennel in the room. Owners leaving unattended pets loose in their room will be asked to leave – no refunds and no exceptions! Please remember this is our home and pets are not allowed the run of the room in your absence.Pets ARE NOT ALLOWED on beds or furniture. If your pet has an ‘accident’ – bring it to our attention immediately, so we can treat it promptly. You will be billed for any items that require professional cleaning or replacement including carpets, furniture, lamps, bed linens and draperies & scratching of doors. A 25.00 pet fee per night per dog will be incurred.
Outdoor dog walkers will need plastic bags for poop scoop – these may be deposited in the DUMPSTER on 9th St. next to Fred’s. Please don’t bring them inside or place them in our outdoor trashcans. Pet litter needs to be cleaned daily and can also be bagged and deposited in the dumpster. You may relax with leashed pets outside on the porch, even have breakfast served outside, but not in the Common Rooms. Pets are allowed inside the fence surrounding the pool area but again must be on a leash. Pets, other than guide dogs, may not enter the Dining Room or Kitchen per Florida State Hotel & Restaurant Regulations. Please be VERY certain your pet is not a barker, biter and is housebroken. Barking when you’re out is a particular problem! A cell phone contact # is mandatory, if you will leave your pet in the room. Any of these unfortunate behaviors will result in an invite to depart early and there is no refund for early departures.
Due to the size of our Amelia Island Bed and Breakfast, cancellations affect us significantly. A confirmation number is issued for all cancellations in order to insure we have received your request and is your proof of cancellation. Deposits, less cancellation fee will be refunded at the end of each month provided reservations are canceled within the following guidelines:
- All cancellations require a 14 day cancellation prior to arrival. Weddings & Full House rentals require a 60 cancellation notice prior to arrival . If cancellation is less then required time deposit will be forfeited.
- 7+ room nights, Special Events, Holiday reservations : 30 days prior to arrival.
- Regardless of cancellation a 25.00 credit card processing fee will apply due to fees incurred for initial deposit and cancellation.
- You are charged for items pre-purchased for a package reservation or by special request (i.e. carriage rides, beverages, cakes, flowers, tickets).
We look forward to having you stay with us. Ask about the Hoytie-Toytie!