Policies & FAQs
· 50% of your stay or the one night of your stay plus taxes per room will be charged at time of booking to guarantee your reservation. If you cancel your reservation, or *see Weather policy below, at least 14 days prior to your arrival date (prior to 30 days for holidays and special events) to cancel your reservation, less a $50 cancellation fee per room no matter what the reason is will be charged. In the unlikely event that you cancel on the 14th day or less than 14 days prior to your arrival date or shorten your original stay dates or *see Weather policy below or *see Weather policy below, (within 30 days for holidays and special events), shorten your stay or check out early, it will result in a full balance due/forfeited deposit due unless your room is rebooked. Refunds are not available for no-shows or early departures. For full house reservations, if you cancel your reservation prior to 60 days, less a 5% cancellation fee of the total deposit. In the unlikely event that you can within the 60 days of your arrival date, you will forfeit your deposit. Any excursions/items pre-purchased for a package reservation or by special request (i.e. carriage rides, beverages, cakes, flowers, tickets, etc) will be charged for cancellations.
· *Weather and Hurricane Policy-We cannot be responsible for -delays, interruptions, cancellations, inn closings or inconveniences in your trip due to weather. However, if you have a confirmed reservation and you are due to arrive within 24 hours and an evacuation order (due to hurricane warning) is issued, you will receive a transfer of any deposits to a future reservation. No refunds will be made. We highly suggest travel insurance: www.insuremytrip.com
· All rates are subject to state and county bed tax and may change without notice. Currently, the rate is 12% added to your nightly rate. 18% Gratuity is added for Full house rentals
· Visa, Master card, Discover and American Express are accepted.
This policy was last updated on June 5, 2018.
The Hoyt House Bed and Breakfast respects the privacy of all our guests, and we are committed to protecting it. This policy describes how we collect, use, and disclose information about our guests.
We collect information that can identify you personally, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, etc. (“personal data”) only when it is voluntarily provided to us by you or by a third party (such as a travel agency) on your behalf. We collect personal data when it is provided through forms on our websites, mobile applications, over the phone, through physical mail or e-mail, or in-person.
This website does not collect, save or store any personal data from you while you simply browse this website, unless you voluntarily and intentionally provide it to us (for example, by making an online booking or requesting further information).
Our servers automatically collect certain technical, non-personal information when you use our websites or mobile applications (“usage data”). Technical data may include your browser type, operating system, page views and clicks, IP address, unique device ID, and referral URLs.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use your personal data to fulfill the purpose for which it was provided, or as otherwise set forth in this policy. For example, we may use your personal data as necessary to:
· Process your reservation request and payment;
· Enroll you in our guest loyalty program;
· Contact you about your reservation;
· Make requested changes to your reservation or user account;
· Provide you with a personalized experience on our websites;
· Respond to your inquiries and other communications;
· Register you to receive newsletters or other information for which you’ve expressed an interest; and
· To comply with legal requirements.
You may opt out of receiving any promotional or marketing emails at any time by contacting us directly or by following the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” links in such emails. We may, however, continue to contact you with relevant information about your past or upcoming reservations with us.
We may use the usage data we collect for any reason we deem appropriate, including to improve, maintain, and operate our websites and services.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We will not sell any of your personal data to any outside organization. We only disclose your personal data to third parties as reasonably necessary to carry out the permitted uses described in the “USE OF INFORMATION” section of this policy. For example, we may share personal data with:
· Our payment processors, technical and customer support contractors, and other service providers who are required to keep the personal data confidential and are prohibited from using it other than to carry out their services on our behalf;
· Our successors in the event of a sale, merger, acquisition, or similar transaction affecting the relevant portion of our business; and
· Legal and governmental authorities or other third parties, to the extent required to comply with a legal order or applicable law.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Hoyt House Bed and Breakfast is committed to the security of your personal data. We use commercially reasonable technical measures to protect personal data in our possession, and our website uses secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology to help protect the privacy of credit card information, name, address, email and other sensitive information you provide to us.
COOKIES AND PROFILES
You can set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is sent or turn off all cookies (except Flash cookies) through your browser. Check your browser’s Help menu or your built-in mobile device settings to find out how. Some mobile devices store cookies not only in areas connected to the browser, but also in areas that are app-specific, which cannot be controlled by the browser settings. Check your app settings options on your mobile device to find out how to manage or delete cookies that may be stored in these other areas. If you do not accept cookies, some features, services or activities that are available on our websites or mobile apps may be adversely affected and you may be unable to perform certain transactions, use certain functionality, and access certain content. The choice to accept or deny a cookie is different from your choice to accept/deny email messages.
We also serve ads through third-party advertising technology. In the course of serving our advertisements to you, unique third-party persistent cookies, clear gifs or beacon gifs may be placed on your computer or device to help manage our online advertising, recognize when a device visits our websites, learn which ads bring users to our websites, and track whether a reservation is made. The information our ad-serving providers and we collect through this technology is not personally identifiable but is used to create an anonymous profile which allows the ad-serving provider to serve ads targeted towards you and your interests across the ad-serving network. Our third party marketing partners may then pool the anonymous information that they collect from our websites and mobile applications with other sources of information, which may include your name and mailing address, for purposes of sending you direct mail or a catalog.
Our websites do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals that may be sent by your device or browser.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEB SITES
Please be aware that third-party websites available through links on our websites each have separate privacy and data collection practices. We have no control, responsibility or liability for these third-party websites or their applicable policies or content. Hoyt House Bed and Breakfast cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you disclose on third-party sites.
INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN/SWISS CITIZENS
Our websites and services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children. If we are notified or discover that a child under the age of 18 has submitted personal data to us, we will take reasonable steps to delete the information.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this policy from time to time. We will always post the then-current version of this policy on our websites, and will indicate at the top of the policy the date on which the latest version took effect. Please review this policy from time to time to stay updated on our privacy practices.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about this policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Mail: 804 Atlantic Avenue, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Amenities included in your rate
· On-site parking – one standard-sized vehicle parking space per guest room is included. Once you park, you truly won’t need your car until you are ready to go home. There is no extra on-site parking.
· Made to order breakfast every morning between 8:00 am – 9:00 am.
· Complimentary beverages of coffee, hot teas, sodas, & bottled water available
· Freshly baked sweets in your room upon arrival
· Complimentary afternoon social hour between 5 – 6 PM of wine and light nibbles
· Pool and hot tub
· In room conveniences: iron & board, hairdryer, alarm clock, flat screen TV, central a/c and heat, bottled water, ice buckets and daily stay over service
· Wireless internet access throughout the inn
· Exquisite linens, luxurious long bath sheets, signature spa robes and wraps, premium toiletries
· Concierge Service; personalized experience, close relationships with trusted local vendors, menus and recommendations for amazing restaurants, ticket and reservation assistance, massage services (off-site spa)
· Pool and beach towels, beach chairs & umbrellas
· Complimentary Bicycles
· Pool and Hot Tub
· All guest rooms accommodate 2 adults with one King bed or one Queen bed.
· We are an adult only facility. All guests must be 18 years old and up with proper ID at check-in.
· Smoking is not permitted except on the front veranda. No lighting of candles or incense. A minimum cleaning fee of $350 will be applied to the credit card on file for any damage incurred during your stay, to include smoking in your room and the lighting of candles or incense.
· $35 fee for each key not returned at check-out.
· We are unable to accept pets with the exception of ADA Service Dogs. ADA Regulations do not include therapy or comfort dogs.
· Bridal parties – Hair and makeup may not be done in the guest rooms. Please call the inn for further details before booking.
· Unregistered guests are not permitted in the guest rooms nor in the common areas after hours.
· Check-in times: 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM. We are happy to check you in early (not before 1:30), if the room is available.
· If arriving after 6:00 PM, please call 904-277-4300 to make after-hours check-in arrangements.
**On Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day check-ins maynot be accommodated so that staff may enjoy time with their families. Rooms will not be freshened; however, rest assured any needed linens, bottled water, etc. will be provided.**
· Hoyt House Gift Certificates may be redeemed calling us directly. Should you make a reservation and then arrive with a gift card in hand, you will incur credit card processing fees. We do not accept 3rd Party gift cards.
· Front desk hours are typically from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
First time at a B&B? Here is what you can expect at this Amelia Island B&B
Pull in and park. Leave your bags in the car and come on in. After your welcome and introduction, we will show you to your room. After you can retrieve your luggage from the car and not have to see it again until you leave. Everything is within walking distance. Want to visit the beach, enjoy our complimentary bikes.
Warm Friendly Staff!
Operation “Coordinate Your Every Wish and Spoil You Every Second” begins now! You will be greeted by one of our staff. We will share with you all the information you need with regard to your stay, and getting around town in general. We will refer you to the best restaurants and attractions based on our experiences and your interests, and we would be delighted to make reservations for you, right there on the spot or later, after you’ve had time to think about how you wish for your Amelia Island getaway to take form.
In your room you will find period antiques, a flat-screen television with standard dish satellite, perhaps a period fireplace, and luxurious bedding. Our bedding is imported 600 thread count finest combed prima cotton. You can even take a fresh set home; we have them on sale at the front desk, so see your innkeeper if interested!
In your private bath (whether shower or jetted tub and shower), you will find the luxurious Gilchrest & Soames London collection of bath products. This line features sophistication and style, synonymous with London for centuries encapsulated in understated elegance. Crisp, clean and tailored to fit the needs of today’s genteel traveler, the London Collection is infused with antioxidant-rich botanicals renowned for their beneficial attributes, combining detoxifying red tea, soy, gingko biloba, grape seed, and moisturizing milk thistle in a dynamic blend. That bath experience is complimented by the plush 100% combed cotton oversized bath sheets, robes and his & her wraps.
WiFi is available throughout the inn, but as in your home, it is stronger in some areas more than others. Always feel free to ask your innkeeper to Google and/or print something for you! Your innkeeper also has a binder full of current restaurant menus, and there are dozens of local attraction rack cards located in the parlor. At this Amelia Island B&B, your best reference indeed will be your innkeeper! If we don’t know the answer to your question, we will find that answer, promptly!
Ask and You Shall Receive!
Wondering what to do, where to go, or how to get there; ask, and you shall receive the answer! Need towels or an umbrella for the beach; ask and you shall receive what you need! Have a addiction to coca-cola or coffee or a newy-acquired one to our signature herbal tea. . . numerous times . . . throughout the day . . . that just . . . must . . . be satiated; ask and you shall receive, without having to pay extra for it and no questions asked! Need a fresh change of towels because you forgot to remove the “Privacy” sign from your door earlier today; ask and you shall receive! Need a re-print of something we printed for you yesterday; ask and you shall receive! Whatever it is, don’t be shy; just ask, and you shall indeed receive!.
Our breakfast is included and delicious! Breakfast is served between 8 and 9 and you can sit anywhere you wish in the dining room. We start you off with a little something from the kitchen like a fresh baked scone, sticky bun with caramel sauce or perhaps our famous biscuits. Then we take your order ….. one of our signature entrées each morning from our small menu—a full gourmet presentation, whether it be our famous Strawberry Shortcake French Toast; Everything but the kitchen sink Frittata, Cinnamon Roll Pancakes or an omelet of your choice with our southern style potatoes and signature maple bacon. Also available is fresh fruit, yogurt, dry cereals, orange juice, grapefruit juice, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and milk. You will not leave hungry. Special dietary restrictions can be met.
What? There is More?
Indeed there is! We provide daily stay-over service (unless you display a Privacy sign on the outside of your door) during which we make your bed and replenish your bath with fresh towels. Each day, guests enjoy a complimentary early-evening social hour from 5:00 to 6 pm of wine and light hors d’oeuvres.
Anything Else You Desire?
Attraction tickets? In-room wine service? A cab to take you to a special event? A room reservation for your return trip back? Whatever it is, ask, and you shall receive.
Official check-out time is 11 am. Just drop off your key at the front desk. If you added anything to your account during your stay we will settle up at this point.
2018 BLACKOUT DATES
Rate specials and value-added offers do not apply during these dates. Rates and minimum-stay requirements are subject to change during these periods (unless your reservation has already been confirmed).
January 1; February 9-17; March 7-11; May 3-6; November 21-24; December 6-9 & 18-31.
BRIDAL PARTIES and OTHER SPECIAL-OCCASION GROUPS
Many of our guests are in town for weddings and other events. In order to ensure the peace and balance all our guests, it is important to note that unless you have rented the entire inn, the common areas are not available to anyone who is not an overnight guest.
Room rentals are based on double occupancy. Under no circumstances are non-paying guests permitted in any room. unless prior permission granted by the inn manager. Please understand that approval cannot always be granted, and in some cases a fee may apply.
The parlor, dining room, porches, and pool area are reserved for overnight guests only and are not available for non-guest gathering without prior approval from the inn manager. Please understand that approval cannot always be granted, and in some cases a fee may apply.
We do wish to ensure a great stay for everyone, so if you have a special request, we just ask that you check with your inn manager in advance.